The Bubletas ~ December 2018

The Bubletas ~ December 2018

Faith & Robby

Faith & Robby

After Faith & Robby.... 10.2009

After Faith & Robby.... 10.2009

Hope Noelle & Hayes Griffin 12.1.2010

Hope Noelle & Hayes Griffin 12.1.2010
12.1.10

Faith & Robby

Faith & Robby

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Out of the mouth of Hayes ~ Baby Hope

Preparing Hayes for Hope's soon to be arrival.........

Because we finally have a "plan" for Baby Hope to come (if I don't go into labor myself between now and then). We've been explaining to Hayes that it was almost time for Baby Hope to come out. We have covered all the important things with him during this pregnancy-talking about the hospital, prepping him for early delivery, what everything looks like at the hospital, sibling class, hospital tour (and he remembers when Robby was born/hospital), and so on.

Well, a couple days ago I asked him if he was ready for Baby Hope to come out of Mommy's belly. When I asked him he said, "No". I asked him why at the time....but he changed the subject. I have to say....I was kind of surprised because this ENTIRE pregnancy he has showed nothing but interest and true desire to have his baby sister here. I thought to myself....well maybe the jealousy thing is finally kicking in. I know enough on how to engage little people-and again asked him later. This time I said, "Hey Buddy...are you ready for Baby Hope to come out of Mommy's belly?" He said, "no" again. I said, "why not buddy?. He then says to me, "well Mommy....I don't want Baby Hope to come out of your belly because she's not ready...she has to stay inside of you to grow and get stronger....she can't come out yet because we don't want it to be too early....we don't want her to go to Heaven". THIS IS WHAT MY HAYES SAYS TO ME!!!! I was right......it wasn't yet the jealousy thing..........he was SCARED SHE WAS GOING TO COME OUT TOO SOON AND DIE! I also realized and it all clicked...that when we said our prayers at night and prayed to God.....we prayed that Baby Hope would stay inside of Mommy for a long time-and would grown and stay healthy and be strong. Suddenly, this ALL MADE SENSE! Of course, he didn't have a sense of time of "WHEN" it was time and GOOD for Baby Hope to be born!

How amazing that my 4 year/8 month old can verbalize this .....and yet we have adults in our lives that don't know how to express themselves...tell us their feelings about Baby Hope. I was so glad he was able to tell me this. I then went ahead and explained to Hayes...that Baby Hope was REALLY healthy, strong, and big...and that the doctor said it was ok if she came out of Mommy NOW...or some time SOON! He said, "Oh, ok". That's all it took was for me to explain that she was NOW ready.

WOW...how amazing....I love my little man! Below is the teddy bear Hayes picked out for Baby Hope....each Hayes, Faith, Robby, and now Hope all have their own bear! He was SO EXCITED that it was PINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment