The Bubletas ~ December 2018

The Bubletas ~ December 2018

Faith & Robby

Faith & Robby

After Faith & Robby.... 10.2009

After Faith & Robby.... 10.2009

Hope Noelle & Hayes Griffin 12.1.2010

Hope Noelle & Hayes Griffin 12.1.2010
12.1.10

Faith & Robby

Faith & Robby

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Hayes......

Friday, October 22, 2010

Today was an interesting day with Hayes. First he said the prayer to God about Baby Hope....all on his own (see video)....and then we went to the store prior to going to a friend's house to play. As we were getting back in the car the following is the conversation:

Hayes: Mommy......when Baby Hope gets here....Daddy is going to stop working...right? He's going to be at home with us?

Me: No honey.....Daddy has to work so we can pay our bills, live in our house, buy food, and buy all the things we need to live. Why do you think Daddy is going to stop working?

Hayes (said it quite matter a fact-sincerely-and very sweetly): Well, if Daddy's going to go to work...then who's going to wipe my duppy (bottom/butt) when I go poopy? You'll be with Baby Hope helping her.

Me: (Trying not laugh...or smile too big) Ahhhh Buddy.....Mommy will be able to still help you honey.....I'll be helping and taking care of Baby Hope...BUT I will STILL BE ABLE to help YOU...and I'll be able to wipe your duppy....I can do BOTH....and take care of both of you....you just have to be patient like we talked about when Baby Hope comes...because sometimes you might have to wait since she's a baby...and sometimes I'll need YOUR help with her too....because your the Big Brother!

Hayes: Oh. Ok Mommy....thanks!

How FUNNY kids are-the way they think! This was the FIRST question about ANYTHING to do with him and Baby Hope over lapping....or how the care would work with both of them....and how endearing that he just thought Bob was going to of course quit his job to take care of HIM....two kids...a parent per kid....makes sense I guess! How sweet....I had to document this so I can print it off and put it in the "Hayes book". I love my Hayes!!!
Our DEEP conversations in the car...it's better than doing "play therapy" with my own kid....so much is revealed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment