The Bubletas ~ December 2018

The Bubletas ~ December 2018

Faith & Robby

Faith & Robby

After Faith & Robby.... 10.2009

After Faith & Robby.... 10.2009

Hope Noelle & Hayes Griffin 12.1.2010

Hope Noelle & Hayes Griffin 12.1.2010
12.1.10

Faith & Robby

Faith & Robby

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The beginning of Baby Hope's Journey - the email sent at the end of April 2010 to family & friends announcing our pregnancy

End of April 2010

Hello Folks,

We wanted to share some good news with all of you! After 14 months of trying to get pregnant, 21 months since I last conceived, turning 40 this past September, getting through Baby Robby's first year mark of his burial/EDD on 4/2, continuing to grieve/miss our babies in heaven with profound sadness.........AND on our LAST try this past month before we were going to begin some more aggressive fertility interventions....God once again gave us our first miracle of hopefully many (I'm counting each day as a miracle) (yes I know that was a run on sentence)!

*******We're PREGNANT!************

It's still early, but I'm 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow. We're only sharing the news with the special people in our lives right now....so it's still a secret really to most family and friends.....shhhhh....please don't tell anyone! Given our circumstances, there really is not a "good time" or "right time" to share the news.......so we figured we'd at least tell the people who love us and support us!

It's been a wild ride and very difficult...month after month with not having any success....and for God to give this to us on our last try....it's so amazing to us! We weren't on ANY meds...NOTHING this past month (past couple of months). We tried 6 months of clomid...that was not successful...we tried progesterone....nothing. In moving forward, we were planning to do IUI next month. We even had our IUI training appointment with nurse Brenda on 4/6. We were there for 2 hours learning about IUI, how to give myself the "super ovulation" med injections, and worked through our many questions. During that appointment, it was surreal to both Bob and I that we were sitting there....that after all this time we couldn't get pregnant and now to do IUI with no guarantee for success and all the money that would be spent. Getting pregnant is only the FIRST step of many miracles to get through. It's been stressful to say the least....and my age/clock has been ticking VERY loudly...along with the fertility professionals reminding us to act quickly...no more breaks in trying....and to do things as promptly as possible.

I started my blood thinner injections (Lovenox) this past Monday-which is good! The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned! I give the injections to myself-very much like a diabetic...I had to go to Hillcrest Hospital this past Monday and have the nurse train me. The blood thinner is supposed to do the trick given my genetic clotting mutation, along with Bob's (yes we BOTH have a genetic clotting mutation...and the theory is that when we come together to make a baby....it makes for the clotting situation with the baby, etc). With that being said, Hayes was clearly even more of a miracle then he ALREADY was (he had much clotting and many infarctions on his placenta upon delivery)! Also, now I know why I gained this extra 20 lbs that I REALLY needed to lose.......I needed FAT to pinch for the injections..........so maybe I won't get stretch marks-how great is that ha ha (I SO should have lost that weight)!

I feel really good. Just the normal really really tired stuff....which is fine. It was a wild week though. I thought for sure I was NOT pregnant...and I probably had one of the worst weeks I've had in a very long time last week with thinking I wasn't pregnant once again (the week of April 12th). I took the first pregnancy test and.......I was shocked. I've been taking multiple blood tests over the past week to confirm that my HCG (pregnancy hormone) levels are rising-and it's actually more than the average numbers! I have my first appointment with Dr. Alvarez on Tuesday (before he goes to Alaska for 3 weeks!)....so I'm excited to see him and just "check in".

PLEASE say some prayers. Our danger zone with both babies in the past starts usually around the 14th week...and proceeds through the 18th week and on. We're hoping and praying that the blood thinner and GOD carries this baby to full term, but there is a possibility that while the thinner can work.......I could still go pre-term....but let's just hope we get way past the danger zone...and that the baby gets to full term! I complete my first trimester on my sister-in-law's birthday (Amy/GaGa), June 12th...and the 15th week mark is on July 3rd (4th of July weekend). My DUE DATE is December 25th.....CHRISTMAS DAY....Jesus' Birthday-how neat is THAT!

We wanted to share our special news with each of you! You have all been there for us over the past 2 years....and we can't thank you enough for your friendship and support. We know this is early to "share" our news, but you are all people we'd tell if something ends up happening as well. I'm going to attempt to create a blog so we can keep family and friends updated on our progress...along with giving me an outlet...and it will be a way to document it all (I know some of you are aware.......I want to write a book some day-don't laugh...ha!).

Thank you again for being a part of our lives, and sharing and supporting us through our joys AND our sorrows!

Love-Meme (and Bob)

No comments:

Post a Comment